Holly's La Bella Fashion And Beauty: THE EBB AND FLOW OF CREATIVITY

Thursday, December 4, 2014

THE EBB AND FLOW OF CREATIVITY

Not feeling it? Lost your creative flow? Well yes, I have!



Are you are wondering what steps I will take to remedy this obstacle in my creativity?

Walking through my mind, my thoughts go to the reasons why I am here on this earthly plain. 

The Winter months bring gusting winds, icy cold, and rain, forcing me indoors more, I miss my connection with nature, earthing and the warmth of the sun. Well, what do you know? it appears I am onto something here! So, my the first step, go out anyway, brave the wet cold and feel the wind and rain on my face, enjoy the festive lights around the city.... leading the way to my second step; to smile at everyone I see, engage with people, shine a light on the world around me. Smiling alone lifts the spirits and raises you up.
I am feeling better already, it must be because I am smiling thinking about this.

Tonight as I venture out into the Winter evening to do my grocery shopping, I will appreciate the sights and sounds, the brisk walk will remind me that I am alive and will be warm and safe in my home again soon. The simple fact that I am able to buy food and that I can walk to grocery stores in my neighborhood, now there is a blessing, bringing that food home to prepare and savor, to share with others is yet one more beautiful blessing.

I have peaceful days and restful nights, a job I love, a beautiful family, friends who love me, I live in the most beautiful, green city where nature is abundant and wild,  these are my sources of inspiration.

Still missing the bees and the butterflies, the birds at my feeder, blooming plants and warm soil. What I need is snow! Glorious white snowfall blanketing everything and plunging us into silence. Ah! something to look forward to. And, there we have the third step, looking forward. 
The joy in the eyes of the children on Christmas, mistletoe, and laughter, wonderful aromas of the holiday meal, fill our senses with hints of cinnamon and roasting turkey. Pumpkin pie, there is a tradition worth being happy about. 

With these three steps, I will soon be back, with creative juices flowing, for the love of nature, smiles, looking forward and remembering why I am here with love for life and gratitude.

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM PORTLAND OREGON

Get out, feel the love, be inspired and smile ~ Holly
Be the peace ~




No comments:

Post a Comment